Here's a simple taco tuesday recipe to get your Tuesday night off to the right start.
- 1 pack of Trader Joe's Carne Asada Authentica
- Pico de gallo salsa, can be bought pre-made from most grocery stores
- 1 red onion
- Cotija cheese
- Red and/or green salsa, can also be bought pre-made from the grocery store
- Corn tortillas
- 1 avocado
- Mini red and yellow tomatoes
Step 1: Cook the carne asada, preferably on a grill, but can also be cooked in a hot pan with a little bit of oil.
Step 2: Prepare all of your toppings. Cut the onion, cilantro, tomatoes and avocado into tiny pieces.
Step 3: Shred the cheese.
Step 4: Check on the meat and start heating the tortillas in a pan with a tiny bit of oil to avoid sticking.
Step 5: Cut the cooked meat and FILL YOUR TACO!
- Great served with a side of beans and rice
- Don't eat red meat? Substitute the carne asada for chicken, pork or fish!